Thursday, January 12, 2023

Charged By A Massive Tiger

 Hi, have you been charged by a massive tiger? I hope not. It is a frightening experience and can cost you your life. While working as a naturalist, I had this horrible experience, I was on an open jeep in the company of my guest from Ahmedabad.  We were exploring Kisli Zone in Kanha National Park in search of a tigress and her four little cubs. 

That day in summer we decided to wait at Kisli lake,  it was a sunny day but the winds near the lake kept the air cool. After a long wait,  we did not see the tiger family. The tigress and her cubs were nowhere in sight.

"All the jeeps are gathered here, and the road to Karai Ghati is empty," I said. "Let's go and check". The driver turned the car, and we entered Karai Ghat Road.  After a few minutes' drive, we came across a male tiger. He was sitting in the shade on the edge of the road, and we stopped at a short distance from him.

My guest was delighted. He was seeing a tiger for the first time in his life. I was standing on the jeep, and pointing features of the tiger. But then after some time, I saw the tiger's lips quaver a sign of nervousness. It soon dawned upon me that we were too close to the beast. 



Before we could reverse, the beast charged at us. Well not exactly at us, he went past the bonnet of the jeep. All I could see was a flash of yellow as he leaped. He entered the bush and stood snarling at us viciously.  The fear got into me as we reversed, and went back without making any stop. I was shaky all over, but my guest kept his cool and was delighted by what we had experienced. He wanted to go back again!

I will never forget the frightening encounter. From that day we parked our jeep at a considerable distance from tigers, whenever we encountered them.

Have you experienced such a close call? I hope not. But I would love to know about your tiger encounters during the jeep safaris.   

=================================================


    

Uday has worked as a naturalist and loves to write about tigers and other wildlife forms. He also provides SEO Services and Content for Digital Marketing. He can be contacted at :

pateluday90@hotmail.com

Mob/Watsapp: 9755089323 


No comments: